Managing Gas Prices
If you are like most people, you’ve noticed gas prices have gone up. This can make for a painful trip to the gas pump for many. We have some tips on how to maximize your fill up next time you need to visit the pump.
- Try to visit the pump at the coolest time of the day. Fuel is densest at this time and you’ll get more out of the volume.
- When starting your car, you don’t need to run it for more than 45 seconds. After that, you are just wasting fuel.
- Regular tune ups can save an average of 4%.
- Replacing a dirty air filter can increase gas mileage up to 10%.
- Don’t start and stop your engine multiple times. Idling for one minute consumes the same amount of gas as starting your engine.
- The faster you travel the more gas you consume. If you travel at 55 mph you will save close to 21% more on your gas mileage versus traveling 10–15 miles over.
- Did you know that if you travel at the legal speed limit continuously you increase your chances for hitting green lights? The fewer stoplights and less stopping/slowing the better when it comes to saving fuel.