How Often Should You Wax Car Your?
Your car’s exterior has plenty of enemies. From the harsh sun, to rain, snow and even bird droppings! One of the best ways to protect your car’s exterior from the elements and environmental hazards is by regularly hand waxing your vehicle.
Waxing by hand offers several benefits.
Waxing preserves and protects your car from harsh elements, it increases the resale value at trade-in time, and it’s easier to clean between waxing. Applying wax to your vehicle offers a layer of protection for your vehicle by protecting the clear coat and paint job. Failing to hand wax can cause the paint to fade and allow more chances for cosmetic damage, potentially decreasing the car’s resale value.
How often should you wax your car?
It is recommended that vehicles should be waxed every three months or a minimum of twice a year – once in the spring just before summer and once in the fall just before winter. The easiest way to tell if your vehicle needs waxing is to splash a small amount of water on it. If the water beads up, you don’t need waxing.
Methods to wax a car.
Whether you’re waxing your vehicle yourself or taking it to a professional detailer, the key is to take your time. Always remember the effort Daniel-san put into his “wax on, wax off” method. Before waxing, make sure you have the right tools, including a bucket, water, wash mitt, microfiber towel, microfiber applicator pad and non-abrasive, high-quality auto wax product.
- Before you start applying wax, remember to wash off all contaminants from the car, such as bird droppings and bugs.
- We recommend parking your vehicle in a shaded area to wax and prevent the wax from drying too fast.
- Begin waxing in a vertical or horizontal method to prevent swirls. It is essential not to apply the wax too heavily. A little wax goes a long way.
- Take care that the wax is applied evenly and then gently buff the wax off with a microfiber towel when finished.
- This process should take roughly an hour. After you’ve waxed your vehicle a few times, the process becomes quicker and easier the more often you do it.